I'd like to take a break from homebrewing for a moment to talk about some of the changes coming to Solo Adventures. These changes will be referred to as release 2.0, and will be concurrent with the completion of the Champion's Odyssey set. Here are a list of the major changes I'll be incorporating...
1. At least 3 new "board" layouts - Terrain will be placed differently to form new maps. You choose which layout you want to play for that game. At least one map will be incredibly difficult for a more challenging game.
2. The addition of a Shield Deck for the opponent that will include Standard Bearers. A new Shield would be drawn for each combat.
3. The addition of a "Stronghold" Deck for the opponent - this would consist of Stronghold Upgrades for opponent Strongholds, Stronghold Downgrades for your Strongholds, and cards with abilities that specifically affect Strongholds.
4. Currently, when changes to the Doom Counter occur, you have to roll greater than or equal to the Doom Counter or your Stronghold is rubbled. This will change from an automatic rubble to a battle on your Stronghold space, with your creatures on the space able to defend. If you win, the Stronghold is saved. If you lose, the Stronghold is rubbled and the Doom Counter moves to 8 (your Guardian is threatened, so time is limited). The roll will change from 3D6 to 2D6.
5. Creatures in your deck are no longer unique - you may have up to 3 of any creature in your deck. However, whatever creature you choose as your Champion is still unique.
6. Opponent bribery cards now remain in play until used, unless an effect forces them to be discarded.
7. At the beginning of the game, all opposing Guardians pool their Power Stones, and when opponent channeling occurs, Stones are removed from this pool. When the Stones run out, there's no more channeling against you unless an effect gives them more Stones. During combat, to determine CMP value, the opposing Guardian with the highest CMP is the first channeler.
8. Optional incorporation of Seven Seas cards (and card text errata).
9. Optional incorporation of Champion's Odyssey cards.
10. Instead of receiving Gold in combat, you will receive Treasure (Gold and Gold Bribery were too synonymous). You receive Treasure based on the Encounter Deck Level of each creature beaten in combat, and can spend it on Magic Items.
11. The 25 pt rule that allows you to return to a Stronghold space, from anywhere for 5 Stones, will be modified. The new rule will allow you to return to one of your Stronghold spaces at a cost of 1 Stone per creature under your Shield, from anywhere except opposing Stronghold spaces.
There may be a few other minor tweaks, but these are the major changes. I think they will really improve the flavor, depth, and challenge of the game.