Welcome to the Guardians CCG Page

This is a site dedicated to the Guardians collectible card game released by FPG in the mid '90s. This was a great game featuring beautiful artwork and a complex battle system. The game is now out of print and some cards are extremely difficult to find.

Here you will find alternate rules and game mods (including solo play), homebrew cards, and links to other Guardians sites.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Post #300: Buried Treasure Re-discovered

It's hard to believe, but this is post #300. When I started this blog I had no idea I would be taking it this far. For those of you who have been along for the ride, and those of you have recently discovered this blog, thanks for helping me to make Guardians CCG the best blog it can be with your suggestions and insights.

I'll have my second post on Creating Guardians Cards later this week. In the meantime, I made a thrilling discovery today...

Back when I started this blog, in my first post, I talked about winning an auction from Dave Gentzler for a Cheesy Con Souvenir Tweezle. I also remembered pulling an Exploding Tweezle out of box of Necropolis Park boosters. Sadly, those two cards have been missing for years, ever since I packed my cards away in the basement. They weren't with all the other cards - I had put them somewhere "safe". Which meant, apparently, safe from me being able to find them.

Today I was doing some cleanup in the shop and I moved a bookcase out from behind a pile of boxes. Imagine my surprise when I saw the bookcase had a Necropolis Park booster box on it. Now, don't get too excited - the booster box was empty. But next to the empty box was a hard plastic case for card storage. As I opened the case my hand began to shake and a wild elation shot through me. There on the top of the card pile was a Cheesy Con Souvenir Tweezle. Under that was the Exploding Tweezle!

But wait, there's more! I also found a Chaos Summoner promo card and that *blasted* Flame Cannon that I had such a hard time obtaining. Here is a picture of my re-discovered treasures:





It's a great day to be a Guardians player (and collector)!

No comments: