Welcome to the Guardians CCG Page

This is a site dedicated to the Guardians collectible card game released by FPG in the mid '90s. This was a great game featuring beautiful artwork and a complex battle system. The game is now out of print and some cards are extremely difficult to find.

Here you will find alternate rules and game mods (including solo play), homebrew cards, and links to other Guardians sites.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

All Vassals for Planar Conflict Completed

All the Vassals for Planar Conflict are finished. Here's what's remaining for development:

4 Relics
6 Control cards
24 Trials

I'm seriously considering abandoning the Trial cards which I think would fit better with an adventure/board game-style variant I've been developing for the past couple of years. Instead, I'd replace them with 4 Event cards that would be the same for each deck. That means I would only need to develop 4 cards instead of 24, but it would leave the deck size the same at 45 cards/deck. Having Event cards pays homage to C.J.'s contribution to Guardians, which is important to me. That also means I could wrap this project up much more quickly, and move on to completing the rules (including non-cooperative and solo variants), and providing examples of game play.

I've got a little time to think it over, as the remaining Relic cards probably won't be completed until the weekend. The Control cards will be the last cards developed, and will be mainly text (minimal artwork), similar to the Turn Summary cards from the original game. Oh, I almost forgot - I need to work on the backsides of the cards as well!

No comments: