Welcome to the Guardians CCG Page

This is a site dedicated to the Guardians collectible card game released by FPG in the mid '90s. This was a great game featuring beautiful artwork and a complex battle system. The game is now out of print and some cards are extremely difficult to find.

Here you will find alternate rules and game mods (including solo play), homebrew cards, and links to other Guardians sites.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time to re-focus

Ok, so I got a little carried away. It could happen to anybody...

My whole purpose for creating a set of cards was to use them in the Solo play. I kinda went crazy and started creating them left and right without any forethought.

I'll be going back to edit the cards so that they are all "Solo Adventures Only". This means some cards will have their function and their text changed. The artwork, however, will remain the same.

There's nothing wrong with creating homebrew cards for use with regular Guardians. I just hadn't thought them out before creating them, and to be truthful that wasn't my original intent. There should be a definite plan to creating a set of cards, and how they interact with each other and all the older cards out there. They need to be checked to see if they are even useful. I didn't do that here, I just created whatever popped into my head.

So look for the cards to change, I've worked up a plan and I think it will go well. Basically Events, Creatures, and Spells will make the Solo game more challenging, while Magic Items, Standard Bearers, Stronghold upgrades/downgrades, and Creatures help the player and maintain balance.

No comments: