Welcome to the Guardians CCG Page

This is a site dedicated to the Guardians collectible card game released by FPG in the mid '90s. This was a great game featuring beautiful artwork and a complex battle system. The game is now out of print and some cards are extremely difficult to find.

Here you will find alternate rules and game mods (including solo play), homebrew cards, and links to other Guardians sites.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting your Guardians fix

It will still be a few weeks before I resume adding content. I finish my degree with a final in my last class this week, then I'm getting my self-bestowed graduation present...I'm going on a trip to a major theme park for 9 days. When I come back, I'll start working hard on adding new content. I'll have some time as I don't start my graduate work until February.

In the meantime, check out C.J.'s blog. He's fired it back up for the summer and he's adding all the cool trifectas from his old site. Also, he's done a follow-up on my Applications of Math in Guardians with more detail, including a visual representation in Excel. Very cool! You can find it here.

Finally, through trades and auctions I've finally completed my collection, picking up the hard to find Black Locust and Gateway to Mystfall cards. Lately I've been receiving cards that have the cutting problem, where part of the bottom text containing artist info and FPG's copyright is cut off. It doesn't make the card unusable, but I can imagine the frustration of people paying good money back when they were new and opening booster packs only to find their cards had QA issues. I'm in QA myself, so maybe I'm making it a bigger deal than it really is. Anyway, the only card I don't have now is a Tweezle the Sneaky, but I suspect that 99% of people with Guardians cards are in the same boat, since very few were made...

No comments: