Welcome to the Guardians CCG Page

This is a site dedicated to the Guardians collectible card game released by FPG in the mid '90s. This was a great game featuring beautiful artwork and a complex battle system. The game is now out of print and some cards are extremely difficult to find.

Here you will find alternate rules and game mods (including solo play), homebrew cards, and links to other Guardians sites.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Shhh, don't wake the Sleeping Spirit

Ah, summer. The time of year when the blog suffers as I pursue that rarest of creatures in the Northwest, sunshine...Hence the reference to Sleeping Spirit, as the blog has been quiet lately. Plus I'm taking a very demanding night school class...I only have 2 more classes left before I get my degree, so that should be done and out of the way soon.

I have more card revisions I'll post next week. I'm currently in the process of modifying every Champion's Odyssey card to make the ability text font size bigger. After printing out the cards, I noticed that the text body was so small it was hard to read. In resizing the text, it is easier to read but doesn't always fit in the space allotted. I've had to change some of the text to make it fit. I'll be updating every card to reflect this.

Small text is also a problem with some of the Seven Seas cards, making them hard to read. I've changed my copies of some of them because the English didn't read properly...no disrespect to Phil and the gang, as English is not their native tongue (anymore than French is mine!) So it's not a leap for me to adjust text size as well.

I'm also working on the Solo Adventures 2.0, a major task by adding the optional inclusion of Seven Seas and Champion's Odyssey cards. I've also developed 2 other game variants that I'm testing.

Look for more entries soon...

No comments: