More rules changes/clarifications that need to be made...
1. Creatures can move out to your Shield to reinforce it, just like in the regular rules. Your Shield is turned to receive the reinforcements and can't move for that turn. This advances the Doom Counter.
2. Opposing Ranged Attackers may not be used as primary or secondary attackers, and may not be attacked unless their ranged attack was used to modify a matchup.
3. Paladin replaces Wraith as a potential opposing Champion. Not only is Paladin more powerful, it also makes more sense thematically; you would expect a Paladin to be a Champion!
4. Unused opposing ranged attackers are shuffled back into the Ranged Attack Deck. They only go on a Threat Track if they were used in combat and survived.
5. When your Champion gains 100 experience points and its Vitality increases by 1, your Shield's maximum Vitality increases by 2 instead of 1.
6. Teleport Tower is modified as follows: replace all text with "Place ANY one Creature in the Teleport Tower during the Draw and Organize Phase. This Creature may teleport to your Shield after your movement roll (but before you move). For 1 Power Stone you may start with the Teleport Tower in play, but draw 1 less card for your opening hand."
7. The option to return to your Stronghold at the end of a turn for a number of Power Stones equal to the number of creatures under your Shield is only available on the easiest (Gloomy) level. I may change this after I evaluate it more.
More is sure to come as I continue to test out the 2nd Edition...