Welcome to the Guardians CCG Page

This is a site dedicated to the Guardians collectible card game released by FPG in the mid '90s. This was a great game featuring beautiful artwork and a complex battle system. The game is now out of print and some cards are extremely difficult to find.

Here you will find alternate rules and game mods (including solo play), homebrew cards, and links to other Guardians sites.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some new cards

I really miss creating cards. I mean, I REALLY miss it. Just for fun, I decided to play with the 3 Goblin cards that Phil posted awhile back on the Yahoo! boards. This is my interpretation of the cards. Note that these don't belong with my Champion's Odyssey set, despite the Pi symbol. Call them promos if you must...

Goblin King:



Goblin Shaman:



Hobgoblin (called Goblin Fire by Phil):



Hope you enjoy these! Start making some Goblin decks!

EDIT: Thanks to Joran for pointing out the flavor of Hobgoblin was a bit too protective. It has now been changed to be more aggressive.

4 comments:

(x, why?) said...

Those are nice. I must've missed those on the yahoo boards, but then I haven't been checking in as much as I used to lately.

Jackalwere said...

They are actually in the file section, where I grabbed the artwork for Stanley the Wonder Goat a while back. It sure has been quiet on the boards.

I was hoping you were still hanging around! It's kind of funny because after my last post on how much I miss making cards, I decided to start posting some of your sig cards. I've got about 8-10 completed and am starting more today.

We still don't have a set name for your cards, and I'm still using the Delta sign - but that can easily be changed if necessary. I'll post them, and if you find yourself with a spare minute or two, you can give me feedback on any changes you'd like made.

How was Lunacon?

Unknown said...

Cool cards, I like the magic arts. I just think perhaps the Flavor of the Fire goblin is a bit off... Shouldn't it destroy instead of protect?

Jackalwere said...

Joran, that's a good point. I've reworked the card to be more aggressive.