Welcome to the Guardians CCG Page

This is a site dedicated to the Guardians collectible card game released by FPG in the mid '90s. This was a great game featuring beautiful artwork and a complex battle system. The game is now out of print and some cards are extremely difficult to find.

Here you will find alternate rules and game mods (including solo play), homebrew cards, and links to other Guardians sites.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

News, News and More News

First let's start with the poll. It's gone. I really liked the concept, but it was poorly designed. I could not create it without voting myself. Others apparently cannot vote even though they were signed in. And though I don't use Internet Explorer, the poll doesn't even look correct under IE. So I have removed it until something better comes along.

Second, early opinions are that I should start working on hi-res PDFs of Champion's Odyssey and Sig cards for people to download, so I will start this soon. I thought I would need Acrobat, but apparently Photoshop is capable of creating PDFs.

Third, C.J. has given me his blessing to continue making Sig cards using other artists. So instead of stopping at 100, I will produce more Sig cards soon.

I hope you'll all bear with me on the recent changes and layout experimentation. I am committed to a goal of continuous improvement and excellence for this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you have got a lot of work to do. Sad thing about the poll, but it is a great idea to make the hires printable scans first. As with the Seven Seas Expansion it is a good way to expand the Guardians universe and add some more spice to existing decks (as for myself, knights and undead). I did some brainworking on your latest expansion's name, but have got some early shots only: DIVINE INTERVENTION (because some of the cards seem to origin out of a God's/Vierkun's mind or even seem to show the curiosity of them - like: let's see, what happens if...). The other thing could be a mixture between GENESIS and RACE as we saw the creation of new races (I like the ambiguity of the word race, so let's play with it). That's all for now, and I have to prepare the hut for Christmas tomorrow. Stay cool everybody and Merry Christmas.

Best regards from Germany,
Andreas

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
just want to drop in two more ideas for the expansion's name:
VIERKUN WONDERLAND (sounds great and reminds me of something hard to describe - have to think about it);
CIRCLE OF DESTRUCTION (referred to the new stronghold) or CIRCUS OF DESTRUCTION (don't know whhy, but slipped into my mind after the circle-thing).
Merry Christmas and peaceful times!
Regards,
Andreas